To configure user ID generation, you must have one of the following roles:
- User Administrator
- General System Administrator
This option provides an automated option for creating sequence based user IDs. When adding a new user, if you select an identifier type, Alma automatically populates the Value parameter with the appropriate preset sequencing value. For more information on adding a new user, see Adding Users.
For the primary identifier, the Value parameter is automatically populated only when registering a new user from Manage Patron Services.
You configure user ID generation on the User ID Generation page (Administration > User Management Configuration > Configuration Menu > General > User ID Generation).
User ID Generation
To configure user ID generation:
- Select an identifier type from the drop-down list. The options that appear in this list are configured by Ex Libris (generally during implementation).
- If your user ID requires a prefix, enter it in the Prefix field.
- Click Set next sequence value.
- Enter the starting sequence value in the dialog box and click Save.
- Verify your settings and click Save.
To turn off the automatic user ID generation that you defined, select the identifier type, leave the Prefix field blank, and click Save.