This guide describes general administration tasks that affect all areas of Alms, including user management and configuration, general configuration options, and managing jobs. This guide contains the following sections:
- Overview of User Management in Alma – This section provides an overview of the way in which users are created and managed in Alma. For a detailed explanation, see Overview of User Management in Alma.
- User Management – This section governs user information that is managed by an authorized operator. User management includes the management of both public, staff, and contact users. For a detailed explanation, see User Management.
- User Configuration – This section describes configuration management activities. For a detailed explanation, see Configuring User Management.
- General Configuration – This section describes Administration configuration activities. For a detailed explanation, see Configuring General Alma Functions.
- Alma Jobs - This section provides an overview of jobs in Alma and describes how to run and monitor them. For a detailed explanation, see Managing Jobs.
Additional administration tasks that are relevant to specific sections of Alma are presented in other sections, including:
- The sandbox environment: Alma Sandbox Environments
- Resource management: Configuring Resource Management
- Fulfillment: Configuring Fulfillment
- Acquisitions: Configuring Acquisitions
- Integrating with external systems: Acquisitions, Resource Management, Fulfillment, User Management, General, and bX
- Integrating with Primo: Basic Primo Configuration for Integration with Alma, Configuring the Primo Front End for an Alma Data Source, Configuring the Primo Front End for Alma’s Link Resolver, and Configuring Alma’s Delivery System