To configure fund types, you must have the following role:
- Acquisitions Administrator
- General System Administrator
Fund types are for informational purposes only. You can define the fund types that you want to appear in the Summary Details page (the Funds tab) of funds. See Adding a Fund.
Fund types may be either enabled or disabled.
You configure fund types on the Fund Type Code Table page (Acquisitions > Acquisitions Configuration > Configuration Menu > Fund Types).
Fund Type Code Table Page
The following actions can be performed on this page:
- Adding a Fund Type Definition (see Adding a Fund Type Definition)
- Editing a Fund Type Definition (edit the fields on the Fund Type Code Table page)
- Deleting a Fund Type Definition (click Delete)
- Disabling a Fund Type Definition (click the yellow check mark to the left of the fund type definition. To enable a disabled fund type definition, click the relevant gray check mark )
The fund type definitions that you add to your institution apply to all libraries within your institution.
To add a new fund type definition:
- On the Code Table page, under Create a New Code Table Row, enter a code for the fund in the Code field. Code Table Page Fund Types
- Enter a description for the code in the Description field.
- Select whether you want the new fund type to be the default value (when assigning a fund type) in the Default value field.
- Click Add Row to display the new entry at the bottom of the list of defined fund types. By default, each new fund type is enabled. To disable a fund type, click the yellow check mark to the left of the fund type.
- Click Save to store the new fund type.
The funding type Resource Sharing is for future use and should not be used at this time.