To configure fund and ledger fiscal periods, you must have the following role:
- Acquisitions Administrator
- General System Administrator
A fiscal period is the financial year to which a fund or ledger applies.
You view and edit fund and ledger fiscal periods on the Fund And Ledger Fiscal Period Table Mapping Table page (Acquisitions > Acquisitions Configuration > Configuration Menu > General > Fund and Ledger Fiscal Period). At the end of each period, you must roll over ledgers and PO lines to the next period. See Fiscal Period Closure.
Fund And Ledger Fiscal Period Table Mapping Table Page
On this page you can edit only the description and status of a fiscal period. See Editing Fund and Ledger Fiscal Period Definitions.
Fund and ledger fiscal periods cannot be added using the Mapping Table page. They appear automatically after ledger and PO line rollovers are run (see Rolling Over Ledgers and Rolling Over PO Lines).
The form for adding fiscal periods, the Delete buttons, and the checkmarks for activating or deactivating fiscal periods do not work on this page. Attempting to add or delete a fiscal period results in an error message. The checkmarks have no effect.
You can edit the details of an existing fund and ledger fiscal period definition. You cannot change the ID that is defined for a fiscal period definition.
To edit fund and ledger fiscal period details:
- On the Fund And Ledger Fiscal Period Table Mapping Table page, under Mapping Table Rows, locate the fund and ledger fiscal period definition that you want to edit.
- In the Description column, you can enter a new name for the fiscal period.
- In the Status column, select Active or Inactive. When creating a new ledger, only Active fiscal periods are available for the ledger. The status does not affect whether a rollover job can be run on the fiscal period (see Rolling Over Ledgers).The statuses Draft and Closed are identical to the status Inactive.
- Click Save to store the modified fund and ledger fiscal period definitions.