The following roles can configure which additional charges are available to add to invoices:
- Acquisitions Administrator
- General System Administrator
Out of the box, the special invoice lines Shipment, Insurance, Overhead, and Discount automatically appear for each new invoice, and you can enable additional lines of these types, as well as lines of type Other or Regular. See Additional Charges in Creating Invoices.
You can enable additional line types that can be added to invoices on the new Invoice Line Types code table (Acquisitions > Acquisitions Configuration > Configuration Menu > Invoices > Invoice Line Types). This link appears only after enabling a parameter in the Customer Parameters mapping table (see below).
You can enable as many line types as you like. However, each invoice can only contain up to five types of invoice line.
Invoice Line Types Code Table
For more information, watch the Additional Invoice Charges video (2:36)
The lines that can be made available for invoices include:
- Additional Charges
- Supply of approvals/book collections
- Barcode labelling
- General servicing by library bookseller
- Data communication
- Miscellaneous servicing
- Audio/CD-ROM packaging
- Security fitting
- Cataloguing services
- Exchange rate guarantee charge
- Handling charge
- Small order surcharge
- Insurance charge
- Posting charge
- Packing charge
- Postage and packing charge
- Special handling
- Miscellaneous credit adjustment
- Miscellaneous charge
After you enable a line type, you can add it as an invoice line to the invoice on the Add Invoice Line dialog box. Alternately, you can specify its value as a pro rata Additional Charge if you check Use Pro Rata in the Additional Charges area on the Summary tab of the Invoice Details page (see below). For more information, see Creating Invoices.
Enabled line types can also be read from incoming EDI invoices. Any EDI additional charges that do not match enabled types are added to an invoice line Overhead.
To configure which additional charges are available to add to invoices:
- Enable invoice_split_additional_charges in the Customer Parameters mapping table.
- On the Invoice Line Types code table, click Customize next to the line type.
- Select the check box in the Enabled column to enable/disable the invoice line type.
- To change the text that appears for a line type on the invoice, enter new text in the Description column.
- When you are done, click Customize at the top or bottom of the page.
You can enable up to five additional line types