To configure VAT Codes, you must have the following role:
- Acquisitions Administrator
- General System Administrator
You can configure a VAT code to establish a VAT percentage that can be assigned to an invoice or invoice line, instead of manually entering a VAT percentage or amount on the invoice/invoice line level. The VAT code is selected on the Invoice Details page when configuring an invoice (see the Invoice Details Page Fields table in Creating Invoices), and on the Add Invoice Line page when configuring an invoice line (see the Add Invoice Line Dialog Box Fields table in Creating Invoices).
You configure VAT codes on the VAT Percentage Codes Mapping Page.
VAT Percentage Codes Mapping Page
To configure VAT codes:
- On the VAT Percentage Codes Mapping Table page (Acquisitions > Acquisitions Configuration > Configuration Menu > Invoices > VAT Codes), in the Create a New Mapping Row section, enter a value in the Code field which indicates the tax type (such as VAT or Sales Tax).
- In the Percentage field, enter a numerical percent value for the VAT.
- In the Description field, enter a description for the VAT code.
- Click Add Row. The VAT code details are added to the VAT percentage codes table. Code Table Page for VAT Percentage Codes - With Values
- Click Save.