To configure disapproval reasons, you must have the following role:
- Acquisitions Administrator
- General System Administrator
Alma lets you define reasons that can be used when sending an invoice back for review (Need Additional Review) while reviewing invoices waiting for approval. See Approving Invoices.
You configure disapproval reasons from the Invoice Disapprove Reasons Code Table page (Acquisitions > Acquisitions Configuration > Configuration Menu > Invoices > Disapprove Reasons).
Code Table Page – Disapproval Reasons
The following actions can be performed on this page:
- Adding a disapproval reason (see Adding a Disapproval Reason)
- Editing disapproval reason details (see Editing Disapproval Reason Details)
- Deleting a disapproval reason (click Delete)
- Disable a disapproval reason (click the yellow check mark to the left of the disapproval rule. To enable a disabled disapproval rule, click the relevant gray check mark )
The disapproval reasons that you add to the institution apply to all libraries within the institution.
To add a new disapproval reason:
- On the Code Table page, under Create New Code Table Row, enter a code for the new disapproval reason. Create New Disapproval Reason Row Section of the Code Table Page
- Enter a code and description for the new disapproval reason.
- From the Default value drop-down list, select Yes if the new disapproval reason will be the default disapproval reason whenever a Disapproval reason drop-down list is displayed.
- Click Add Row. The new disapproval reason is displayed at the bottom of the list of defined disapproval reasons. Note that by default, each new disapproval reason is enabled. To disable a disapproval reason, click the yellow check mark to the left of the disapproval reason.
- Click Save to store the new disapproval reason details in the system.
You can edit the details of any disapproval reason.
To edit the details of a disapproval reason:
- On the Code Table page, under Disapproval Reasons, locate the disapproval reason that you want to edit. Code Table Page List of Disapproval Reasons
- Use the Display or Order up and down arrows to modify the order of the disapproval reasons. The disapproval reasons will appear in the defined order in all Disapproval reason drop-down lists.
- Modify the disapproval reason code and description as required.
- Select Default Value if the new disapproval reason will be the default disapproval reason whenever a Disapproval reason drop-down list is displayed.
- Click Save to store the modified disapproval reason in the system.