To configure PO line deferral reasons, you must have the following role:
- Acquisitions Administrator
- General System Administrator
You can define a list of deferral reasons from which the Purchasing Operator can select when deferring a PO line. See Deferring PO Lines.
You configure deferral reasons on the PO Line Deferring Reasons Code Table page (Acquisitions > Acquisitions Configuration > Configuration Menu > Purchase Orders > POLine Deferring Reasons).
Code Table Page – Deferral Reasons
The following actions can be performed on this page:
- Add a deferral reason (see Adding a Deferral Reason)
- Edit deferral reason details (see Editing Deferral Reason Details)
- Delete a deferral reason (click Delete)
- Disable a deferral reason (click the yellow check mark to the left of the deferral reason. To enable a disabled deferral reason, click the relevant gray check mark ).
When you define deferral reasons for your institution, they apply to all libraries within your institution.
To add a new deferral reason:
- On the Code Table page, under Create a New Code Table Row, enter a code for the new deferral reason. Create New Deferral Reason Row Section of the Code Table Page
- Enter a code and description for the new deferral reason.
- From the Default value drop-down list, select Yes to assign the default deferral reason whenever a Deferral reason drop-down list is displayed.
- Click Add Row. The new deferral reason is displayed at the bottom of the list of defined deferral reasons. By default, each new deferral reason is enabled.
- Click Save to store the new deferral reason details in the system.
You can edit the details of any deferral reason.
To edit the details of a deferral reason:
- On the Code Table page, in the POLine Deferring Reasons section, locate the deferral reason that you want to edit. Code Table Page – List of Deferral Reasons
- Use the Display or Order up and down arrows to modify the order of the deferral reasons. The deferral reasons appear in the defined order in all Deferring reason drop-down lists.
- Modify the deferral reason code and description as required.
- Select Default Value to assign the default deferral reason whenever a Deferral reason drop-down list is displayed.
- Click Save to store the modified deferral reason in the system.