To configure shipping methods, you must have the following role:
- Acquisitions Administrator
- General System Administrator
You can define shipping methods that can be entered when packaging PO lines.
These shipping methods appear in the Shipping Method drop down list on the PO Summary page when reviewing POs. See Packaging PO Lines into a PO. The order they appear in the drop down list is the order they appear in this table. The default option selected in the drop down list is the one marked in this table.
Shipping methods can be added to Alma manually or imported. If you import shipping methods to Alma, you delete any previously configured shipping methods.
You configure shipping methods on the Shipping Method Code Table page (Acquisitions > Acquisitions Configuration > Configuration Menu > Purchase Orders > Shipping Method).
Code Table Page – Shipping Methods
Adding a Shipping Method
The shipping methods that you add to your institution apply to all libraries within your institution.
You can also import information to the table from an Excel file; see Importing Code Table Information.
To add a new shipping method:
- On the Code Table page, under Create New Code Table Row, enter a code for the new shipping method. Create New Shipping Method Row Section of the Code Table Page
- Enter a code and description for the new shipping method.
- From the Default value drop-down list, select Yes if the new shipping method will be the default shipping method whenever a Shipping method drop-down list is displayed.
- Click Add Row. The new shipping method is displayed at the bottom of the list of defined shipping methods.
- Click Save to store the new shipping method details in the system.
Editing Shipping Method Details
You can edit the details of any shipping method.
To edit the details of a shipping method:
- On the Code Table page, under Shipping Method, locate the shipping method that you want to edit.
- Use the Display or Order up and down arrows to set the order of the shipping methods. The shipping methods will appear in the defined order in all Shipping method drop-down lists.
- Modify the shipping method code and description as required.
- Select Default Value if the new shipping method will be the default shipping method whenever a Shipping method drop-down list is displayed.
- Click Save to store the modified shipping method in the system.