The Amazon Search feature allows you to search in Amazon for an item and then transfer the order information to Alma to create a PO line for the item. This greatly streamlines and simplifies the ordering process. Previously, it was necessary to place the order in the Amazon website and then manually record and transfer the order information to Alma.
To search in Amazon:
- From the Alma Main menu, click Acquisitions > Advanced Tools > Item Search in Amazon. The Item Search in Amazon page appears. Item Search in Amazon
- Searching Magazines is only available for USA and Germany search locations.
- The Availability criteria appears only for the USA search location.
- The Sort List By options differ depending on the Amazon location.
- Enter your search criteria in the fields and click Go. For the price fields, if a value is less than 1, enter a leading 0. For example, 0.44, not .44. Search results appear with information on your title. For example: Search Results
- Click Item Lookup for your title to display additional information, such as Lowest New Price, Lowest Used Price, Total New, and Total Used. For example: Item Lookup
- Click View in Amazon to view the title in Amazon. View Title in Amazon
- Click Create Order to create an order for the item in Alma (not Amazon). The following appears: PO Line Owner and Type
- Select a Purchase Type and PO Line Owner and click Create PO line. If you have a purchase template configured, you can select it from the Loan from Template field. The following, for example, appears: PO Line Summary
The PO Line Summary page appears with several fields filled in such as List Price, Acquisition Method, and Material Type. You can fill in additional fields and create the PO line for the item as described in Manually Creating a PO Line.