To manage fund allocation transfer, you must have the following role:
- Fund Manager
You can transfer money from one allocated fund to another. This adds a negative allocation to the source fund and a positive allocation to the target fund.
You can transfer money only between funds in the current fiscal period. Depending on the configuration of the Transfers prior to fiscal period parameter within your ledger, you may be able to transfer money a few days before the fiscal period begins, or may be prevented from transferring money for a few days after the fiscal period starts; see Adding a Ledger.
To copy allocations from one fiscal year to the next, see Fiscal Period Closure.
You transfer funds on the Funds Transfer page (Acquisitions > Acquisitions Infrastructure > Transfer Funds) or on a fund's Transaction tab (see Performing Fund Transactions).
Funds Transfer Page
To transfer money from any allocated fund to another fund:
- On the Funds Transfer page, select the fund from which you want to transfer money in the From fund field.
- In the To fund field, select the fund to which you want to transfer money.
- In the Amount field, enter the amount you want to transfer.
- Enter any notes you want to include with the transfer in the Transaction note field.
- Click Add Transfer Transaction and click Confirm in the Confirmation Message dialog box to confirm that you want to transfer the specified amount. The details of the transaction appear on the page, as well as in the Transactions tabs of the relevant funds.Funds Transfer Page After Transfer