To edit invoice payment details, you must have one of the following roles:
- Invoice Operator
- Invoice Operator Extended
- Invoice Manager
If the handle_invoice_payment parameter in the Acquisitions Configuration Other Settings menu is set to true, the invoice reaches the payment stage so that the institution itself can manage the payment of the invoice. Invoice payment can be managed in one of the following ways:
- Through the institutional bill payment system or ERP, if you have set up an import profile (see https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com/alma/integrations/finance and Financial Systems for more information). If you use this method, Alma imports payment details from the ERP system, automatically marks these invoices as Paid, and then closes them.
- Manually, by an invoice operator/manager, on Alma’s Waiting for Payment Invoices page (Acquisitions > Receiving and Invoicing > Waiting for Payment)
Waiting for Payment Invoices Page
Payment Within the Invoicing Workflow
To edit the payment details of an invoice:
- On the Waiting for Payment Invoices page (Acquisitions > Receiving and Invoicing > Waiting for Payment), locate the invoices whose payment details you want to edit. You can locate specific invoices using the Find box at the top of the list, or with the help of the Limit results to facets. For details on the invoice facets, see Invoice Facets.
- Select Actions > Edit at the end of the row of the invoice whose payment details you want to edit. The Invoice Details page opens. Invoice Header Information PageOnly the Payment section of this page can be edited. If you want to edit other areas of the invoice, you must first send the invoice to In Review status before editing it (see Setting Invoices Back to Review).
- From the Status drop-down list, select one of the following payment status options: Paid or Not paid.
- If you selected Paid, enter the following:
- Voucher number – A reference number for the payment, such as an invoice or check number. When you work with an integrated external system, this field can contain an external reference number from the ERP system.
Voucher date – the date of payment The current date is selected. If you want to change the date, click in the Voucher date box and select the date from the Calendar dialog box.
- Voucher amount – the final amount that was paid (after exchange rates and so forth are taken into account)
- Click one of the following buttons:
- Save – The payment information you entered is saved, but the invoice does not continue through the remainder of the invoice payment stage of the invoicing workflow.
- Save & Continue – The payment information you entered is saved and the invoice continues to the following stage of the invoicing workflow. If the payment status of the invoice is Paid, the next stage in the workflow is for Alma to check whether the PO lines associated with the invoice are fully invoiced and paid. If they are, Alma closes these PO lines and then closes the invoice.
You can also perform invoice management tasks on the Waiting for Payment Invoices page (Acquisitions > Receiving and Invoicing > Waiting for Payment), as described in the referenced procedures:
Sending Invoices Back to Review
Invoices that are waiting to be paid can be sent back to In Review if they have not been sent to the ERP or have already been rejected by the ERP. Invoices rejected by the ERP are set back to In Review, automatically. The invoice rejection notification and reason is specified in the XML file that is sent by the ERP system (see Financial Systems).
Invoices that are closed or waiting for payment can be manually set back to review.
To send invoices back to review:
On the Waiting for Payment Invoices page (Acquisitions > Receiving and Invoicing > Waiting for Payment), select Actions > Set back to review for the relevant invoice and click Confirm in the confirmation dialog box. The invoice’s status is set to In Review.
Export Invoice to XML
You can generate an XML version of the invoice to send to the ERP system. This option is only displayed for invoices that are after the approval stage (with status Ready to be paid, Waiting for Payment, or Closed).
To generate an XML version of the invoice to send to the ERP system:
- On the Waiting for Payment Invoices page (Acquisitions > Receiving and Invoicing > Waiting for Payment), select Actions > Generate Export XML for the relevant invoice.
- Click Open in the dialog box to open the XML file.