To review invoices, you must have one of the following roles:
- Invoice Operator
- Invoice Operator Extended
- Invoice Manager
An invoice is sent for manual review in any of the following scenarios:
- There are data issues or alerts—as a result of the invoice processing stage of the invoicing workflow—that require the attention of a library staff person AND the invoice review rules indicate that the invoice should go to review.
- Save (as opposed to Save and Continue) is clicked at the end of the manual invoice creation process.
Review Within the Invoicing Workflow
Invoices appear on the In Review Invoices page (Acquisitions > Receiving and Invoicing > Review). You can also view this page starting on a specific tab by selecting one of the following tasks in the Tasks List in the persistent menu (see Persistent UI-Elements):
- Invoices - review - assigned to you
- Invoices - review - without assignment
In Review Invoices Page
On this page you can edit or delete an invoice, or change who an invoice is assigned to.
Invoices appear in the following tabs:
- Assigned to Me — Contains invoices assigned to the user that is currently logged in. Only the person assigned to the invoice can edit the invoice information.
- Unassigned — Contains invoices that are not assigned to any user. You or any other staff person with review permissions is authorized to edit unassigned invoices.
- Assigned to Others — Contains invoices assigned to users other than the user that is currently logged in. Invoices cannot be edited from the Assigned to Others tab.
The number of alerts for each invoice is indicated in the ! column, next to the invoice number:
Number of Alerts for Each Invoice
To edit an invoice:
- On the In Review Invoices page, select Actions > Edit for an invoice. The Invoice Details page appears. Invoice Details Page
- View the alerts generated for the invoice in the Alerts tab and modify the information in each of the other tabs, as required.
For information on the fields in each of these tabs, see Creating an Invoice From a PO or Manually.
- Click Save and Continue to save your changes and move the invoice to the processing stage of the invoicing workflow. If you click Save, your modifications are saved, but the invoice does not move to the next stage of the workflow.If the invoice data has been properly modified, the invoice continues to move through the invoicing workflow as described in Invoicing Workflow.
To unassign an invoice:
On the In Review Invoices page (Acquisitions > Receiving and Invoicing > Review), select Actions > Release assignment for an invoice. The invoice appears in the Unassigned tab on the In Review Invoices page.
To change an invoice assignment:
- On the In Review Invoices page (Acquisitions > Receiving and Invoicing > Review), select Actions > Assign to for an invoice. The reassignment dialog box opens.
- Select a user to whom you want to assign the invoice in the Assign to field.
- Optionally, enter a note in the Note field.
- Select Send as e-mail to send a notification to the user by email.
- Click Assign to. The invoice displays in the Assigned to Others tab on the In Review Invoices page.
To delete an invoice:
On the In Review Invoices page (Acquisitions > Receiving and Invoicing > Review), select Actions > Delete for an invoice and click Confirm in the confirmation dialog box. The associated expenditures are deleted and the encumbrances for the related POs are recalculated.
You can delete an invoice only if you have been assigned the Invoice Operator Extended role.