To approve and send POs, you must have the following role:
- Purchasing Manager
If the approval rules preconfigured by Ex Libris require manual approval for POs, a PO is sent for manual approval when the specified criteria are met. You approve or reject POs on the Approve Orders page (Acquisitions > Purchase Order > Approve). You can also view this page by clicking the task Orders - approval in the Tasks List in the persistent menu (see Persistent UI-Elements).
Manual Approval Within the Purchasing Workflow
To manually approve and send POs:
- On the Approve Orders page, select the check box to the left of each PO that you want to approve and send to the specified vendor. The Approve Orders page displays the following columns for each PO:
- Order #
- Date - The date on which the PO received its status.
- Organization unit
- Total price
- # of lines
- To view information for a PO, select Actions > View. The PO Summary page appears with information on the PO. The fields on this page cannot be edited.
- Optionally, select Actions > Edit for a PO to open the PO Summary page and modify the following information:
- Additional vendor, billing, and shipping information The available shipping methods are configured by a code table. See Configuring Shipping Methods.
- A list of each PO line included in the PO
- Attachments to the PO
- Notes for the PO
- Additional vendor, billing, and shipping information
- Select Approve and Send from the Go drop-down list, and click Go to approve and send the selected POs. You can approve and send individual POs by selecting Actions > Approve and Send for a specific PO. When doing so, it is not necessary to select the check box for these POs.The approved POs are sent to the relevant vendors as attachments to an email (Order List Letter). For information on the Order List Letter, see Configuring Alma Letters. You can view the attachment from the Attachment tab of the PO and the vendor.After sending a PO line, the expected activation date of the related resource is updated to the expected activation date of the PO line.
For PO lines that have not been canceled and whose Acquisition method is Purchase, you can resend the PO to the vendor by clicking Resend Order for the sent PO. This option is useful when the order was successfully sent by Alma, but due to technical reasons on the vendor's side was not properly received or was lost.
If the Alma could not send an order, the order appears in the Orders in Review page with an alert. To resend the order, edit the order and click Save and Continue. See Reviewing POs.
For more information on resending a PO, see the Resend a Purchase Order video (1:50 mins).
To delete a PO, select Actions > Delete PO and click Confirm in the confirmation pop-up window.
For instances of when you would want to delete a PO, see Deleting POs.
You can also delete a PO from the main menu by selecting Acquisitions > Purchase Order > Delete PO.