You can search for PO lines using the persistent search box or on the Search for PO Line page (Acquisitions > Purchase Order Lines > Search for PO Line). To search for PO lines by MMS ID of bibliographic records in the Network Zone, see Searching for PO Lines by the MMS ID of Bibliographic Records in the Network Zone.
If you reached this page in the context of creating a PO line search set, see Creating an Advanced Search for PO Line Sets.
In the persistent search box, select Order Lines from the search types drop down box and enter a search string. The search is performed over all of the relevant contexts (see below).
Persistent Search Box
On the Search for PO Line page, enter your search criteria in the Find box at the top of the page, select a context in which to search from the filter (the in field), and click Go. The results appear on the Search for PO Line page.
The available contexts are defined in the PO Line List Searchable Columns code table; see Configuring PO Line Search Field Options. For more information on most of these fields, see Manually Creating a PO Line.
The results always appear on the Search for PO Line page.
Search PO Line Page – Results
- In the results on the Search for PO Line page, the Assigned To field indicates the user who is assigned to review the PO line. This user is not necessarily the same as the user who is assigned to handle the resource (for example, activate the PO line's associated electronic resource).
- Articles (a, an, the) are factored in to an alphabetical sort.
When the filter is set to All, closed PO lines are included in the search results. The available PO line statuses are:
- In Review – The initial status of a newly created PO line. Remains in this status if:
- The operator/manager does not click Order Now or Edit > Save and Continue for the PO line.
- Validation for the PO line fails
- Criteria for configured Purchasing Review Rules have been met (see Configuring Purchasing Review Rules)
- Manual Packaging – The PO line passed normalization, validation, and alert processing, and is ready to be manually packaged into a PO (see Packaging PO Lines into a PO)
- Auto Packaging – The PO line passed normalization, validation, and alert processing, and is ready to be automatically packaged into a PO (see Packaging PO Lines into a PO)
- Ready – The PO line was packed into a PO and is ready to be sent. For a PO to be sent to a vendor, all of its PO lines must have a status of Ready.
- Sent – The PO in which the PO line is packed was approved and sent to the vendor (see Approving and Sending POs). This status is relevant for both electronic and physical one-time PO lines and for inactive electronic continuous PO lines. For more information, see Approving and Sending POs.
- Closed – The PO line was closed (see Closing PO Lines)
- Waiting for Manual Renewal – The manual PO line was fully processed and received/activated and its renewal date is the same as the current date, and is to be renewed manually (see Renewals). These PO lines appear in the PO Lines to Review page. PO lines with the status Waiting for Renewal change to Waiting for Manual Renewal if they are marked for Manual Renew and the time to notify about the renewal arrives (this is configured as a certain number of days before the renewal date).
- Waiting for Renewal – The PO line was fully processed and received/activated and will be renewed automatically. Continuous physical PO lines that are sent to the vendor have Waiting for Renewal status even if the renewal is done manually but the renewal date has not yet arrived (see Renewals). Continuous electronic PO lines receive this status once they are activated and the user clicks Done in the task list.
- Waiting for Invoice – The PO line is ready to be associated with an invoice (see Invoicing). One-time PO lines that are not fully invoiced receive this status once they have been activated or received.
- Under Evaluation – Indicates that the PO line is under evaluation (a trial was requested or started; see Evaluations and Trials). PO lines with this status can be edited only by a Trial Manager/Operator.
- Under Evaluation (Renewal) – The PO line renewal is being evaluated and has not yet been decided. PO lines with this status can be edited only by a Trial Manager/Operator.
- Deferred – The PO line was set aside to be handled at a later date (see Deferrals)
- Canceled – The PO line was canceled (see Canceling PO Lines)
- Deleted – The PO line was deleted from the system (see Deleting PO Lines)
Depending on the nature of the PO line, you can choose from the following options below the PO line:
- Go to Task List – Opens the respective task list to which the PO line is associated. The actions that can be performed on the PO line depend on its status and the task list to which the PO line belongs. Appears when the PO line is associated with a task (that is, listed under the Tasks heading on the Alma home page). For a PO line linked to a trial, this link opens the Manage Trials page. For more information, see Managing Trials.
- View – View PO line information on the PO Line Summary page (see Manually Creating a PO Line).
- Edit – Edit PO line information on the PO Line Summary page (see Manually Creating a PO Line).
- Delete – Delete the PO line from the system (see Deleting PO Lines).
- Change Bib Reference – Change the bibliographic reference of the PO line. See Changing Bibliographic Reference.
- Close – Close the PO line. See Closing PO Lines.
- Cancel – Cancel the PO line. See Canceling PO Lines.
- Reopen – Reopen a closed or canceled PO line. See Reopening a Closed or Canceled PO Line.
- Download EDI File – Download the PO as an EDI file for review. (For this link to appear, the vendor must be configured as an EDI vendor and the POs check box must be selected.)
- Order in Claim List – Appears for PO lines for which claims are generated and opens the Claim task list. Claims are created for PO lines when an order does not arrive or become activated by the expected date. For information on claims, see Processing Claims.
For the list of alerts that may appear in a PO line entry (above the links), see AssertionCode in the Purchasing Review Rules Input Parameters table in Configuring Purchasing Review Rules.
If you are entering criteria for a PO line set, in addition to the search criteria described in Searching for PO Lines, you can enter the following additional criteria (some of these are described in Manually Creating a PO Line):
- Workflow - Matches a workflow step or PO line status; select one from the drop-down box
- Material supplier - Matches a vendor code
- Material supplier account - Matches a vendor account code
- Access provider - Matches the access provider's code
- Acquisition method
- Fund code
- Fund name
- License code
- Rush - Select Yes or No
- Cancellation restriction - Select Yes or No
- Reporting code
- PO line type - Select one from the drop-down box (see Enabling/Disabling PO Line Types)
After entering criteria, click Go to see search results (to select items for an itemized set or to view how a logical set will appear). You can switch to a simple search by clicking the Simple Search link. For more information, see Managing Search Queries and Sets.