- Article Type: General
- Product: Alma
Desired Outcome Goal:
How do I request a new target for the Alma CKB?
To search for an existing KB Item (KBI) request and add your vote, perform the following steps:
1. Click on the "KB Items" link in the top row of the Customer Support Portal (SalesForce).
2. Scroll through Popular or Recent KB Items
3. Click "Promote" on any that you wish to request.
4. If a KBI for the desired target is not found, open a case as normal, choosing Alma Data Services as the asset.
In general the addition of new targets to the SFX KnowledgeBase/Alma CZ is based on a number of criteria, among them:
Number of customer requests
Suitability for deep linking to full text
Ease of maintenance (update)
The "KB Items" section in the Customer Support Portal (SalesForce) contains customer requests for New Targets, Sub-targets and target services. All requests are transparent. One “promote” per institution will be accepted.
See Salesforce CRM Customer Portal Documentation guide , 'How can I search for KB items and vote for them?' on page 19
Guide is located at Ex Libris Documentation Center > Cross-Product > SalesForce > Public-files
Category: CKB Electronic Collection - Alma
Subject: Linking - Alma
- Article last edited: 8/4/2014