- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 19.01
What updates does edi-10 ("Load EDI Incoming Messages") perform? Can an edi-10 load be undone (-- in a situation where EDI loading wasn't stopped early enough in preparation for fiscal period close)?
It is preferable to change the fiscal period (increase the Z76_VALID_DATE_TO of the current budgets and decrease the Z76_VALID_DATE_FROM of the new budgets) in order to avoid these complicated, error-prone updates.
Undoing the load would involve undoing all of the updates shown below.
The EDI load:
1. creates the z77 invoice record, z75 invoice line items, and z74 EDI log records;
2. changes the z601 budget transactions from z01_type "ENC" to z601_type "INV";
3. updates z68 order records*;
4. creates z78 arrival records (for monographs) and z79 (type "I" and "I2") order index records; and
5. creates/updates z30 item records (connected to the associated order via the Z30_ORDER_NUMBER field).
* EDI may update the following z68 fields:
The z79 order index can be rebuilt by the acq-04 service.
The z76 budget record is *not* updated. (It contains no amounts; its balance is calculated dynamically by totaling the z601 amounts.) Therefore, nothing would need to be done with the z76 budget records.
It seems that the z71 order log is not updated; the z74 EDI log is updated instead.
The Z75_REC_KEY_2 looks like this:
03 Z75-VENDOR-CODE PICTURE X(20).
03 Z75-INVOICE-NUMBER PICTURE X(15).
03 Z75-LINE-NUMBER PICTURE 9(5).
the Z601_REC_KEY_2, like this:
03 Z601-VENDOR-CODE PICTURE X(20).
03 Z601-INVOICE-NUMBER PICTURE X(15).
03 Z601-LINE-NUMBER PICTURE 9(5).
the Z74_REC_KEY_3, like this:
03 Z74-VENDOR-CODE PICTURE X(20).
03 Z74-INVOICE-NUMBER PICTURE X(15).
03 Z74-LINE-NUMBER PICTURE 9(5).
Category: Acquisitions (500)
Subject: EDI (500)
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013