- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
The output from the cir-30 and/or cir-31 Services either:
1. doesn't fit on the screen (it is truncated on the right hand side or when you look at them in the Aleph client and try to print them, if wordwrap is turned on, it adds blank lines to the printout and doesn't look good);
2. doesn't take full advantage of a wider screen (it wraps sooner than it needs too).
The width of lines output by SQL is determined by the SQL "set linesize" command. The
default linesize is set in the $ORACLE_HOME/sqlplus/admin/glogin.sql . You can change it to
the value most appropriate for the screens at your site.
The linesize can also be set for the output of a particular SQL script in the script itself.
The SQL for the cir-30 and cir-31 Circ Statistics Services can be found as
"cir_stat_nn_xxxx_xxx_param.sql" files in the /exlibris/aleph/a23_1/alephm/sql_stat
directory. These files do not have any linesize specified (and, thus, are using the
glogin.sql default). A linesize can be added (at the beginning of the file, with the other
"set" lines) like this:
set linesize nnn
One site found that a linesize of 72 was wide enough to handle the output for the cir-30/cir-31 reports.
- Article last edited: 15-May-2016