- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 21, 22, 23
Desired Outcome Goal:
Reinstall Cobol license (because of Semaphore failure, corruption of Microfocus Cobol license, new version of Red Hat, etc.)
1. Download the Aleph Installation Kit (AIK) document (at Ex Libris Documentation Center > Aleph > Technical Documentation > Version 21 > Installation and Upgrade Information).
2. Download Software from ftp Server (Step 1 in AIK document).. See KB 16384-26545 ("Download information UEX kits and AIK Aleph 21") for ftp password.
3. Log on as root
4. # cd /exlibris/ftp_from_exlibris/AIK21
5. # bash cob_dev_lic
6. # bash cob_run_lic
7. Then switch to user aleph and start the processes of Aleph 21. Make sure that you don't receive any error messages related to the COBOL environment.
8 . Run run util x/7 to clear out the UTF files, so a correct version of $aleph_utf/utf_files/.../alephe/tab_version (and others?) can be created. (This may not be necessary in every case.)
Contact Ex Libris Support if you have questions about this procedure.
"Installing COBOL 5.0 development license fails" (KB 16384-66481)
Category: System Management (500)
- Article last edited: 01/25/2016