- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 16.02
Some of our Web Holdings display in duplicate. Examples:
1. The title "Ancient Empires": There are two Location lines with the same location in each of them.
2. "Louvre, Paris" (and *many* other titles): There are two lines with the location. The first has the label "Location" and the second is unlabeled.
The holdings information which displays after the bib info at the top of the Web Holdings screen comes from the HOL records connected to this bib record. The system displays a "Location" line for each HOL record, even if the Location codes are the same.
1. In the case of the Ancient Empires bib record 001537816 has two HOL records: xxx60 001783894 and
xxx60 001783895. Each generates a Location line.
2. In the case of the Holdings for the "Louvre, Paris" title (and many other titles), the duplication was occurring because of this line in the xxx60/tab/tab_expand:
when the xxx01/tab/expand had this line:
This meant that the 852 was being expanded into the bib and, when the Web Holdings added the bib fields to the HOL record (for producing the Location display), it was getting *two* 852 fields.
Changing the line in the xxx60 tab_expand to this:
WEB-FULL expand_doc_hol_bib -852##
has caused the (virtual, bib) 852 tag to be omitted from the expanded fields and corrected the problem.
Web Holdings display
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013