- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 18.01
1. The documentation states that the "Add VAT to Total Amount" is set to "No" by default. Does this mean that we can modify this default in a table or a .ini file to set the default to "Yes"? Here, at UQAM, VAT is ALWAYS added to invoices which is why we want the default to be Yes.
2. About a dozen invoices were written with the "Add VAT to Total Amount" set to "No". This is quite a problem for us because the VAT calculation method cannot be changed after the invoice is written according to the documentation. (See page 101 of the Staff User Acquisitions document.)
Can anything be done to "unravel" those invoices without deleting them so that the VAT calculation method is either changed by you or by ourselves without re-inputting all that information, which is quite substantial and would represent many hours of work?
Ex Libris' answer:
1. There is no way to set this checkbox to a default of checked. (The code for the checkbox line is InvoiceGenInvoice.Check.IncludeVat .) A change to this would require an enhancement.
2. The only way to deal with this is by deleting the invoices.
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013