- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 18.01
Faithfully following "Procedure for Porting Production Data to a Test Server"...
On Monday, I ported PROD alephe and restored it on TEST (phase 1), dumped PROD Oracle tables (phase 2), ported the PROD libraries (phase 3), checked the space (phase 4), restored ported libraries to TEST (phase 50)...
This morning I went in and checked a couple of things in PROD (so I know it was up and operating)... then I logged in to aleph as TEST (checked twice) the checked aleph_start.private (phase 6). Nothing needed to be modified, as it's all variables.
Then, I moved on to phase 7: create Oracle database users for each library... I repeated stapes 1-5 for all 5 dbs (cma01, cma10, cma30, cma50, cma60)... and I got an immediate phone call: PROD crashed.
Trying to log into the ALEPH 500 client: "Remote service error (c0180 6) Library not accessible"
Obviously, the web opac is also down...
What the heck happened, and how do I fix it?
Note: This "Procedure for Porting Production Data to a Test Server" document has been replaced by: Aleph – How to from support – Miscellaneous - How_to_transfer_configuration_tables_and_Oracle_tables_from_server_A_to_server_B_18+.doc.
The create_ora_user procedure drops all the tables for the library you are dlib-ed to. You need to make sure:
1. that you are connected to the Test instance and
2. that the Test $alephe_root/aleph_start does not contain values from Prod -- such as the Prod ORACLE_SID.
Do "echo $ORACLE_SID" to confirm that the $ORACLE_SID is for Test.
In the case where this is an already-working Test instance, we suggest copying only the $alephe_tab files for which there have been updates on Prod which have not been made on Test. (Generally, there should be *no* such files.)
That is, you would *not* copy the $alephe_root/aleph_start and aleph_start.private and ./apache -- which contain values specific to the Test instance.
This means that in Phase 1, rather than copying the entire $alephe_root directory, you would copy only updated $alephe_tab files (though *not* "license"). And Phase 6 would be unnecessary since aleph_start.private would not have changed.
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013