- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
We are new to ALEPH and now we want to produce a weeding report to remove little used items from the shelves.
Can anyone help me with a Service that will produce such a report. The criteria are: items in a specific sub-library and collection in a call number range, acquired prior to a specified date and with zero usage.
[Jerry S, 2011-07-25: I am un-publishing this. It doesn't seem like a good answer. See KB 16384-38945 .]
[From Bill Constantine, University of New South Wales, on the Global Aleph Users list:]
* In the Multi-Base Search screen, search for WLB=[sublibrary name] and TRNCC=[Dewey range eg 65* for 650 to 659] and WFM=BK.
* Check the output is what you want eg no Rare Books!
* Perform a Manage-70 of BIB-TO-ORDER on the saved output.
* Check the process worked with a Print Acquisition records (acq-03) and check a few boxes just to get a printout.
* Use the output of manage-70 as the input file in a Retrieve and Print Acquisitions Records > General Retrieval Form (acq-02-01). Retrieve by: Order Date with From-To eg 19900101 to 20050101 in the two lines below, and, Arrival status = C [for Complete]
* With the output of the acq-02-01 use this as the input into a acq-03 just to see if it worked and check a few titles to see that is what you really wanted.
* With the output of acq-02-01, use it as the input file to perform a Manage-70 of ORDER-TO-BIB.
* Load the output of the Manage-70 into the Multi-Base Search screen just to check that it worked and you have some results.
* With that output, use it as the input to a Manage-70 and do a BIB-TO-ITEM.
* Use this as the input into an Items > General Retrieval Form (ret-adm-01.) In this ret-adm-01, Retrieve by No. of loans from 0 to 0 in the two lines below and also Retrieve by Sub-Library [sublibrary name] to make sure you don't get duplicate copies from other sub-libraries in the result.
* You will now see the resulting list of items in the Batch Log.
- Article last edited: 10/25/2014