- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
Field 008 positions 7-10 is not filled with the entry from 260$$c in a Course Reserves record.
In normal cataloging the fix routine fix_doc_tag_008 for INS (xxx01/tab/tab_fix) copies field 260$$c to field 008.
When new documents are created from "Catalog New" in the course document list, the year is handled via xxx30/tab/tab_tag_text and you can only define a default. If there is no value, the system will default to 2000.
1. Change xxx30/tab/tab_tag_text to a more common default (e.g. 2014 in position 07-10 for type BK):
008 BK ^^^^^^s2014^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^000^^^eng^d
2. After creating the new document click on "Catalog" and save the record in the catalog mode. Then the routine fix_doc_tag_008 will be activated and will copy field 260$$c to field 008.
- Article last edited: 6-Jun-2016