- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
In GUI Circ, there is a very slow/or no response in producing the cash display for certain patrons. Some patrons get "Server failed to execute request after 60 seconds" in the "All transactions" and "Active cash" tabs.
Though the Cash display of patrons with just a few entries comes up in just a few seconds, the display takes a minute or more for patrons with many Cash lines.
Many items with many z36h (Loan history) records.
* Do util a/17/14 in the ADM library to confirm that the z31(Cash) Oracle indexes are present and valid. If not, use util a/17/2 to build them.
* If they are present and valid, the only place the z36h is used is the GUI Circ Loan --> History. The farther back this display goes, the slower the Cash display will be.
* z36h records older than xx months can be purged from the patron id via service 'Remove Patron ID' (cir-32) to detach them from the patron record
* If the preceding doesn't help and this is a pseudo-patron, create a second, new pseudopatron.
* The cash information is in the z31 not the z36h.
* The first 9 bytes of the z31_key are the z30_rec_key, which serves as a link to the item/bib information.
* KB 3986 ("Structure of Z31-KEY field") describes how the z31_key field contains the Z36-LOAN-DATE, Z36-DUE-DATE, Z36-RETURNED-DATE, etc.
* The z35 (Events) records are used for circ statistics; the z36h records are not.
* Thus, the z36h records are *not* needed to produce the Cash display and, as noted in KB 16384-17681 ("Slow check-out of items which have been loaned many times") (But they *are* needed to produce the Circulation History display -- and alternative to which is the Circulation Log.)
Category: Circulation (500)
Subject: Cash management (500)
- Article last edited: 2/20/2014