Skip to main content
ExLibris
  • Subscribe by RSS
  • ExLibris Dev

    BIB record connected to an incorrect ADM record for a serial.

    • Article Type: General
    • Product: Aleph
    • Product Version: 18

    Description:
    We have an BIB record, 64461, connected to ADM 439307. There is an ADM record 64461 connected to order 28245, the correct order for this serial, with no connected BIB record. It appears that ADM 64461 should be linked to BIB 64461.

    We tried to connect with the Cataloging client to library ABC50 so that I could manipulate the ADM record. But when I connect to ABC50, all of the options including search, are grayed out as if I didn't have the correct permissions even though it appears in staff privileges as if I have everything allowed for my login.

    Resolution:
    Rather than trying to puzzle through the ABC50 authorization business, I :
    ran p_print_03 to extract these two records,
    used "vi" to move the 008 and LKR fields from 000439307 to 000064461
    ran p_manage_18 to reload the records.
    (The logs are in $alephe_scratch.)

    The bib 64461 is now linked to ADM 64461 (and 000439307 is an orphan).

    Sites who feel the need to do this should first consult with Ex Libris Support.


    • Article last edited: 10/8/2013
    //doorbell.io feedback widged