- Product: 360 Search
How do I change the custom text in the 360 Search Administration Console?
NOTE: This page is part of a larger set of documentation about using the Administration Console to configure your 360 Search.
The Custom Text page in the Administration Console allows you to override the default text for any label or message element on the 360 Search pages in each language you choose to include. Please consider these default entries carefully and wherever necessary override them with text that will best serve your library's patrons.
If your library is a member of a Consortium, and the Consortium has already shared the Custom Text configuration to your library, this section will not be editable. You may want to work with your Consortium to have them remove their sharing so that you may edit this page.
Here is the initial view of the Custom Text screen:
There are four major elements on this page:
- The dropdown menu, which allows you to change languages, as selected on the Languages page, because you can customize the text in each language available to patrons;
- The Description of each label or message, indicating where it is found in the patron interface, or what is its purpose;
- The Default Text, which is the text Serials Solutions has chosen for each label or message; and
- The Current Text, where you can enter your custom text for each label or message.
When you are ready to start editing your Custom Text, first choose the language you wish to edit from the dropdown menu, then click Edit in the upper-right corner of the page. Double-click on any Current Text you want to change, type in the new label or message, then either double-click another Current Text (to change that) or click Save. See below for an example of how this works.
If you want to replace any Current Text with the Default Text, then highlight the Current Text and click the Use Default button. If you want to change every current text with its respective default text, click Reset All to Default.
You may make changes to any or all of the Current Texts in a single editing session. After you make your changes, click Save, or click Cancel to discard your changes. If you have more than one language selected for 360 Search, it is best to edit each language and save the changes before moving to the next language.
Changes to the Custom Text of your 360 Search will not be visible to patrons until the next day; to see how your changes will look without having to wait, click Preview.
Example: Change Text For "Show In Clusters"
The "Show in Clusters" text appears as a link in each result citation on the 360 Search results page, and allows your patron to identify which topic clusters the citation appears in. For this example, we're going to change the text to "Show in Groups."
1. Click Edit in the upper-right corner of the page.
2. Select the "Show In Clusters" entry by double-clicking on the Current Text column:
3. The box will open for you to edit. Type in "Show In Groups" and then click Save.
4. Note that a small red triangle appears in the cell you edited to indicate that this "Current Text" has been changed:
5. If you need to reset the text back to the default "Show In Clusters," click Use Default at the top of the main body.
- Date Created: 9-Feb-2014
- Last Edited Date: 21-Feb-2014
- Old Article Number: 7415