What is happening to the database Oxford Open database?
[Note: the date of the change for this database has moved from April to May]
The database Oxford Open from Oxford University press will no longer be updated. Oxford University Press has moved these titles to a new collection.
In order to maintain accurate and authoritative provider metadata (based on the Knowledgebase collection policy), we will remove all titles and hide Oxford Open database in the Knowledgebase on May 17, 2017. The database will become a zero-titles database. (NOTE: The database code for this database is TOX.)
Therefore, we have created a new database in the Knowledgebase. The titles are now available in the following new database: Oxford Journals Open Access Collection.
This change will take effect on May 17, 2017:
- Before April 14, 2017: Oxford Open
- After April 14, 2017: Oxford Journals Open Access Collection Database code: AAPPN
Action you need to take:
- Update the holdings in your Intota or Client Center profile by subscribing to the new database instead of the old database. For information on how to update your profile, and considerations prior to removing the old database from your profile:
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds direct URLs or database specific information to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after May 17, 2017.
- Article last edited: 19-APR-2017